[Tagging] Emergency lane used by PSV at rush time

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 07:08:00 GMT 2012

2012/10/14 Eric SIBERT <courrier at eric.sibert.fr>:
> lanes=* wiki would need to be modified to not count temporary lanes. It
> would be more consistent as most of the time only two lanes are available.

The last discussion and update of this article was in April. If I
remember correct the intention was that lanes that are available to
the GENERAL traffic at certain conditions should be counted. As this
lane is only available to PSV it should not be counted and therefore
your proposed tagging would be correct.

I suggest the following rewording which should reflect the initial intention:
"Other lanes such as Wikipedia spitsstrooken in the Netherlands or
Wikipedia temporäre Standstreifen in Austria, Germany and Switzerland
which are available to GENERAL traffic (I.E. NOT LIMITED TO A SPECIFIC
KIND OF VEHICLES) at certain restricted times, for example during the
rush hour. "

Any objections?
Martin