[Tagging] destination_ref vs. dest_ref vs. destination:ref

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 15 08:10:06 GMT 2012

I saw the choice between dest_ref and destination_ref and adopted
dest_ref for the simple reason that it's shorter. In my mkgmap styles I
allow for either, and recently added destination:ref to that list.

I'm not particularly bothered which one wins, but I'm always in favour
of a bit of standardisation.

Slightly OT: Can I put in a plea to continue to populate these tags on
the way as a whole even when the :lanes:  data is present? Promising as
it is, it will take a while before :lanes is properly supported by
mappers and tools. Please don't remove useful, working data just because
there's a new kid on the block.

Colin