[Tagging] Conditional restrictions accepted - turn restrictions ahead?

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 17:59:49 GMT 2012

> To draw the comparison with "Conditional Restrictions" the above tags
> cover of <restriction type>, <transportation mode> and the tag value.
> There is no need to specify <direction> as this is already captured in
> the relation (from, via, to).
I am not sure you can say this. It should work where the junction angles
are close to 90 degrees, but for a shallow "Y" junction things might
need a hint as to whether it is a curve to the right with a junction to
the left, or a curve to the left with a junction to the right...

Colin

- - -

Hi Colin,

Sorry, we're talking about 2 different things. I was making the comparison
with Conditional Restrictions which includes direction (forward or
backward). These values are not needed. Can I suggest that if you with to
discuss such values as no_slight_right_turn (or whatever), then you start a
new thread. It may also be worth looking back through the original proposal
for turn restrictions to see if any comments were made then.

Cheers,
Rob