[Tagging] Lane dividers

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 11:19:58 GMT 2012

2012/10/17 Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de>:
> This problem does indeed exist, but it only appears with oneway roads

I don't like something that only works in case a but not in b.

>> Now (a time ago) I came up with something different: have a look at
>> part 3 of the first example:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Imagic/LaneMapping *
>>
>> Please keep in mind that's just a first idea! What do you think?
>
> That is a very different approach from the divider tag. It amounts to
> tagging one of the effects of the divider, rather than the divider
> itself, so there is a lot of information missing.

Actually we do the same thing when we map a oneway: as was pointed out
in how-to-map-thread we don't map "there's a blue signpost with a
white arrow" but instead we map the effect. I also don't see what
important information is missing.

Martin