[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Obstacle

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:56:37 BST 2012

2012/10/17 Konfrare Albert <lakonfrariadelavila at gmail.com>:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Obstacle
> Any suggestions?

looks nice now.

One thing I noticed: you asume that the general "obstacle" applies to
pedestrians, while you propose subkeys for all other means of
transport (obstacle:motorcar, obstacle:bicycle, obstacle:hgv etc.).
There are obstacles like a falling tree which are an obstacle to all
these means of transport, while a heap and also most holes won't be
for pedestrians. My guess is that there is no strict hierarchy though
(there might be obstacles to pedestrians which are not for motorcars
or sth. like this). Therefore I'd add an "obstacle:foot"-key for the
specific case pedestrians and let the general "obstacle" key be for
general use (not specific to one means of transport).

cheers,
Martin