[Tagging] Standard for external links to location based services

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Thu Oct 18 16:15:20 BST 2012

Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Simone Saviolo
> <simone.saviolo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Good explanation, I like this. However there is still the opening
> hours. How
> > would you use it on a map? Would you make a dynamic map in which
> only
> > amenities that are open *now* are drawn? If data like this was
> wrong, it
> > would be a disaster! Amenity visibilty would be tampered with by
> simply
> > editing its opening hours!
>
> There's a particular value for opening hours that would be useful to
> map: opening_hours=24/7. I actually add this particular tag and don't
> bother at all with the normal type of values such as
> opening_hours=Mo-Sa 08:00-21:00

If you can generate a custom rendering of a particular geographical area, opening (and closing) hours could be useful.  For example, if you are scheduling an all-day business meeting that includes a lunch break, it would be useful to give attendees a map that showed all restaurants that are within a certain radius from the meeting, and would be open at lunchtime.

John F. Eldredge --  john at jfeldredge.com