[Tagging] RFC advertising

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Sun Oct 28 07:39:02 GMT 2012

Hi.
I would suggest to add a short rationale in the "proposed key" section.

I think, the following arguments were useful (as long as it's carefully
described not to be requirements):
- these objects often are landmarks (let's meet under the clock, after
the advertising column turn right...)
- often they are quite prominent

Reading your proposal and the amenity=clock page together, I miss the
"suggested combination" of both for the common case of public clocks
surrounded by or mounted together with advertising ... cubes? (compare
example #1 on the clocks page).
Probably that cubic thing is a candidate for an additional advertising
value as well? (but I have no idea, what the name could be and if it's
known enough to count as an own type.

Regards
Peter