[Tagging] RFC advertising

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 10:37:21 GMT 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Martin Koppenhöfer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

I don't like this tag proposal. i think we should clearly separate the
support (wall, flag, board) and the function (what is painted or
sticked on it) like we do for buildings and shops or whatever is
inside. As said on the wiki, it is overlapping with similar objects
tagging, like flagpoles (2791 in taginfo) or billboards (855 + 33)
which are not necessarely advertising. This "advertising" should be
always a subkey where the primary key is the support. Otherwise you
will keep the confusion that sometimes it's a subkey (eg. flagpole)
and sometimes not.
Also, one parameter for billboards regulation is the size but also the
elevation (at least in my country), which is missing on the wiki.

Pieren