[Tagging] Exclusive access rights

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 11:29:09 GMT 2012

2012/10/29 Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com>:
> I'm looking for a possibility to tag "exclusive" access rights.
> Right now I only know this solution:
> vehicle:lanes=yes|yes|no
> psv:lanes=yes|yes|yes
> hgv:lanes=yes|yes|yes
>
> Three tags for such a simple thing. What I'm looking for is something like this:
> <somenicekey>:lanes=vehicle|vehicle|psv;hgv

basically what would be needed for your prosal to work is changing the
default from access=yes to access=no and all applications additionally
would have to evaluate these multivalue-values (both, those separated
by | and those separated by ;  ).
IMHO this is not a desirable direction to move to.

What is the problem with using 3 tags to tag the situation for 3
access-modes (vehicle, psv, hgv)? It is much more transparent.

cheers,
Martin