[Tagging] New tag proposal Amenity=meditation centre

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 16:51:01 BST 2012

2012/9/2 Michael P <pancoma at gmail.com>:
> Apologies for the newcomer defects, Im still trying to get the hang of wikis
> and editing in opensteetmap. Any help would be appreciated if I can be shown
> the mistakes and/or suggestions to improve my participation.
>
> I believe I created a new proposal discussion page at:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Meditation_centre_tag

Thank you for creating a proposal. IMHO the proposed namespace
(amenity) could work well for your subject. I suggest you align your
syntax to the general tagging syntax (no capital letters, no spaces in
formal tags), so
Amenity=Meditation Centre
would become
amenity=meditation_centre (or place_of_meditation like Johan suggested).

it is also desirable to have proposals in the proposal namespace in
the wiki (an URL starting with
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/...... ), so it
gets instantly clear that it is a proposal.

You can find more information how a proposal should look like here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/
and here
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Creating_a_proposal

cheers,