[Tagging] Planters

Andy Carter osm at ply.me.uk
Tue Sep 4 10:28:15 BST 2012

I raised a query on help.OSM and was pointed in this direction.

Planters are very common (in the UK at least) in town precincts, streets and
parks.

My feeling is that they should be included in OSM for much the same reason as
barriers or bollards.

Most are made of brick, concrete or similar and permanent features of the
landscape/streetscape - at least until major works are undertaken in the area.

I don't think that small moveable planters should be considered at all.

I have been unable to find any suitable tags so would appreciate any thought or
opinions.

The area in question relates to Market Hill, Brandon, Suffolk

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.447109&lon=0.624782&zoom=18&layers=M

Images of the planters in can be seen in the initial image on

http://www.brandonsuffolk.com/

and the first two rows on

http://www.brandonsuffolk.com/photos_photo-tour-of-brandon-suffolk.asp

Regards