[Tagging] Ferry lines, ways or relations?

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 12:07:13 BST 2012

I have seen that most of the ferry lines are drawn as ways, each one
representing a public transport line. They have a route=ferry tag,
motorcar=* and so on.
But if you have several lines and several different types of one line (on
Fridays it doesn't stop on this island), you will have to draw a lot of
lines on the sea. That's why I thought that relations are probably the
wanted way of drawing ferry lines. Also, the new public transport scheme
says so.

I just wanted to see if we agree, so that I can go to the OSRM github page
and complain why they don't route over my ferry relations :)

Janko Mihelić