[Tagging] Ferry lines, ways or relations?

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 13:40:16 BST 2012

2012/9/5 Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk>

>  Are relations supported by OSRM and other routers?
>

> On traditional maps ferrys are drawn as a single line for each route, if
> merged into a single way, how does the user viewing OSM on a screen work
> out where a ferry goes to and from?

Ferry relations are not supported on OSRM. I didn't test the other ones.

If a line comes into the merged lines, and then comes out, the user can't
know what's happening. Those uses should be discouraged. But if merged
lines go into a ferry terminal, everything is clear. It's on the mapper to
make the best possible decision.

Janko