[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (amenity=kennel)

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 10:00:19 BST 2012

2012/9/13  <teuxe at free.fr>:
> Thank you for your proposal.
> Couldn't we have some more general tagging for this purpose? Such facilities can generally keep other kinds of animals (like "SPA", "Société Protectrice des Animaux" in France) so why having a specific tag for dogs?

Actually I just revived an old proposal for stables [1]. My first
thought was to simply use stables=<animal> until someone with much
better english language skills pointed out that stables usually only
refer to horses. I would also like to see one common tag for "some
place where animals are kept and taken care of". Any suggestions from
native speakers?

Martin

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Stable