[Tagging] Open stable / feeding station

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 21:25:34 BST 2012

2012/9/13 Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com>:
> Am 13.09.2012 um 21:30 schrieb "John F. Eldredge" <john at jfeldredge.com>:
> Obviously there is no tag for it ;-) So I'll try to find some english speaking horse experts which may confirm or deny if this kind of area is in fact called open stable in english.

the most important google hits are from german sites, I guess "open
stable" is a translation of "Offenstall" that doesn't seem to work
(sorry, just interpreting the comments from native English speakers in
this thread).

> Assuming it is the correct term: what would be the most fitting key? I would use landuse.

-1, IMHO it would be better to tag a less specific landuse (like
farmland or farmyard for instance). A suitable key might be "animal"
(look it up in the wiki), together with horse=yes.

cheers,
Martin