[Tagging] access restrictions on ways

Eckhart Wörner ewoerner at kde.org
Mon Sep 17 16:38:05 BST 2012

Hi André,

Am Montag, 17. September 2012, 17:10:11 schrieb André Pirard:
> In this C23 case, heavy vehicles are forbidden to go to Esneux, not to
> leave it.
> That would be extra fun; you have understood that, politically, the
> restriction is *before* the sign.
> One way restriction.
> And, to me, a node restriction.  No relations, please, no thanks.
> The relation with the extended cond* prompted me to hasten my posting.

There are three possible types of restrictions: node restrictions, turn restrictions and way restrictions.
- You cannot use node restrictions, since they do not have any direction information (stuff like "forward" or "backward" is meaningless on nodes)
- You are against turn restrictions, even though they are the proper solution in this case.
- This leaves you with a direction-dependent way restriction, like maxweight:forward / maxweight:backward.
  More precisely, this is also wrong, since the weight restriction only applies to hgv vehicles (but that is what the whole conditions debate is about)
  My french is not that good, does that sign apply to 7.5t actual vehicle weight or 7.5t gross vehicle weight?

Eckhart