[Tagging] Animal_shelter, multiple semicolon separated values?

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 10:40:50 BST 2012

2012/9/20 Alberto <albertoferraris at fastwebnet.it>

> Hi everybody, what do you think about using multiple comma separated
> values in a key (see
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Semi-colon_value_separator)?****
>
> In particular about the new proposal “amenity=animal_shelter”.****
>
> Suppose we need to set a subkey that specifies adoption and boarding for
> dogs, cats and rabbits: for simplicity and applications compatibility would
> it be better something like:****
>
> “animal_shelter:dog:adoption=yes” + “animal_shelter:dog:boarding=yes” +
> “animal_shelter:cat:adoption=yes” + “animal_shelter:cat:boarding=yes +
> “animal_shelter:rabbit:adoption=yes” + “animal_shelter:rabbit:boarding=yes
> ****
>
> OR****
>
> “animal_shelter:adoption=dog;cat;rabbit” +
> “animal_shelter:boarding=dog;cat;rabbit”?****
>
> Please post your comments in the discussion page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Animal_shelter

As for the key, i would prefer service:pet_boarding=cat;dog;rabbit  because
maybe a hotel can have this service for it's guests, or maybe a restaurant
can board your pets while you eat.

As for repeating values, I remember hearing about a future version of osm
database where multiple identical keys would be possible. So you could have:

service:pet_boarding=cat
service:pet_boarding=dog
service:pet_boarding=rabbit

Does anyone know if this is still in our future?

Janko