[Tagging] Power generation refinement: power plant model evolution

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 21:33:29 UTC 2013

Hi!

2013/4/7 François Lacombe <francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu>

> Hi Martin,
>
> It would do the trick in common situations.
> Nevertheless what if the same generator is intermediate in a power plant A
> and output in a power plant B?
>
> It's not going to happen often but I'm sure it will...

Actually how could that happen?

I was about to suggest the same as Martin Koppenhöfer: additional tag on
the generator itself. Putting the generators of a plant into categories
(category A: output, category B: intermediate) by using a relation sounds
to me like this: [1] . Same goes for the substations by the way.

best regards,
Martin

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations_are_not_categories