[Tagging] Life cycle group

Ole Nielsen on-osm at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 8 17:42:57 UTC 2013

On 08/04/2013 09:07, Alberto wrote:
> Well, disused:*=* and abandoned:*=* are widely used, you could simply link
> to their Wiki pages.
> For construction, we should make a general proposal separated from power
> refinements, as you suggest.

We really need a consistent life cycle scheme that defines all stages of
an objects life, that is proposed, construction, (active), disused,
abandoned and historic (completely gone). The <life cycle state>:<key>=*
scheme is my favourite. Somebody just needs to make a proposal (it would
basically be a generalisation of the disused:*=* tag).

See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Comparison_of_life_cycle_concepts
for a comparison of current ways of tagging life cycles.

Ole / polderrunner