[Tagging] generator:output:electricity - for photovoltaic panels?

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Mon Apr 8 23:22:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thanks for this useful question.

As the wiki page of generator:output doesn't give that piece of
information, I've been reading the original proposal of this key.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/generator_rationalisation#Output_rating

As said before it's the nominal maximum available rating and* not the
actual measured or effective one*.

I've updated the power generation refinement proposal to be warned of that
kind of details and we will update wiki page for generator:output once the
proposal accepted.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Power_generation_refinement#Generator

Cheers.

2013/4/8 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>

> Am 08/apr/2013 um 14:25 schrieb ael <law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com>:
>
> > Has this been discussed before? It seems that we need a
> > generator:estimated_output:electricity or some such for wind and solar?
>

> IMHO the nominal max. rating is sufficient, the effective output can then
> be calculated/estimated based on this and location and weather data.
>
> cheers,
> Martin

*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com