[Tagging] Power generation refinement: power plant model evolution

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 08:21:43 UTC 2013

Hi!

In my opinion this looks pretty nice. You still need to update the two
examples Fukushima and Thémis - they are referring to relations and also to
roles which are nowhere defined (perimeter was dropped, plant is not
documented as role).

2013/4/8 François Lacombe <francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu>

> Hi,
>
> I finally agree with you.
> I've began to update the proposal to remove relations in all cases except
> when power plant doesn't have any physical permimeter.
>
> We must keep role=generator for all generators (no need to distinguish
> them there) in such relation since other features may be added too.

This is where I still don't understand you: why do I need to specify that a
feature XXX has the role XXX? Why do I need to specify, that a generator is
a generator? A substation a substation? A dam a dam? A valve a valve? A
weir a weir? And so on.

> Concerning output/intermediate generators, I've introduced
> generator:plant=output or generator:plant=intermediate to follow your
> readability suggestion.

I'm not sure if this is the best key to describe it, but I also don't have
a better one for you, so lets say: it's fine ;-)

Finally I want to thank you for all your efforts on this topic!

Best regards,
Martin