[Tagging] bicycle-only crossings

Alberto albertoferraris at fastwebnet.it
Wed Apr 10 19:09:32 UTC 2013

>> I've tagged some cycle crossing drawn as a single node with
>> highway=crossing, foot=no and bicycle=yes. I would not use access=no
>> because it can be misunderstood and routing software could prevent
>> access to the main street.

>From your description it seems that the node might be forbidden to be
crossed by pedestrians (assuming that this crossing is between a cycle way
and a street it would prevent pedestrians to use the street as well)

>cheers,
>Martin

You are right, there is anyway a problem for the main street access. So
should we introduce a new tag for single-node cycle crossing?
Or a workaround is to draw the crossing as a way, as I've already said.
Cheers
Alberto - Viking81