[Tagging] Intermodal transport

Douglas Fraser doug.fraser at tarisoga.com
Wed Apr 10 19:40:08 UTC 2013

Hi all,

   Sometime ago, I started thinking about this topic, if anyone remembers my emails; work got very busy these past few
months.  I second the idea of using ref:LOCODE as LOCODEs also apply to airports, road terminals, oil terminals, and
rail stations as well as ports, so having something harbour:LOCODE seems a bit too specific.  And as for the metadata
question and where to put it, I think putting it into OSM is better -- vs putting it into something else to be added to
OpenSeaMap (one idea I came across) .  These LOCODEs change very very infrequently, so as long as the initial load of
the data is correct, there should be no need for anyone to modify it.  As for updates, I have to overhaul the script we
use that processes updates published by the UN; I will keep in mind the potential reuse of this.

Doug