[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - More Consistency in Railway Tagging

Rovastar rovastar at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 13 11:54:08 UTC 2013

I too think that tracks should just be a single lane. From the reasons stated
above put more by Kytömaa Lauri more eloquently than I will. If a road has a
physical split it is 2 separate one way streets. Tracks are physically
separate so they should be mapped as such.

Roads and the crossings of multiple tracks are a little tricky but maybe
this can be done as a relation rather than a node. I am no expert on tagging
railway crossings.

As San Fran doesn't look like it has many railways I suggest you look at
locations around the world maybe UK that has a detailed rail infrastructure
so you get a better understanding about how it is done there.

Most of your issues seem to be about the rendering of the map rather than
the map data.