[Tagging] New childcare proposal

Sean Bartell osm at yotann.org
Wed Apr 17 04:58:05 UTC 2013

Hello,

> im starting a new proposal for detailed tagging of childcare facilities. I
> kindly request your comments about this proposal ->
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/childcare2.0

Thanks for working on this! This is long overdue, especially considering
the Kindergarten page's absurd recommendation to tag daycares as
amenity=kindergarten + description="Not really a kindergarten."

I added a few comments to the talk page; mainly, I suggest renaming
"educational_paradigm=" to "pedagogy=" or something else short. On a
larger scale, I wonder whether there should be more tagging overlap
between childcare, schools, and tutoring services.

Sean Bartell