[Tagging] Surge tank

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed Apr 17 21:26:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

I was looking for a sustainable way to tag surge tanks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surge_tank

Such equipment is very useful to avoid mechanical damages to water supply
infrastructure in hydraulic power plants.
It absorb water exceeding in penstocks when operator decide to close valves.

It can have many shapes : A surge tanks may be completely overground or be
100 m deep underground instead.
Have a look to wikipedia page linked above for overground example.
Here is a underground one :
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/p206x206/225623_2281491238376_6752456_n.jpg
Location : http://goo.gl/maps/DwxDI

If nothing had been defined yet, I may use water=surge_tank on a member
node of a pipeline=water way.

Is there any other way to map it?

Thanks in advance, cheers.

*François Lacombe*