[Tagging] Contents of Tagging Digest, Vol 43, Issue 33, 1

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 11:36:58 UTC 2013

2013/4/19 St Niklaas <st.niklaas at live.nl>

> Hi Pieren, your Wiki link gets me puzzled. Why is a pipe-line tagged
> underground, instead of layer -1 ? I would say or interpret ate a -1 tag as
> below something even if it’s just bottom, ground level or surface. Why is
> ever decided to tag it this way ?****
> Greetz

actually the layer tag doesn't state whether something is above, below or
on ground. It is only a simple way to say: this object is above (when layer
is higher) than this object (layer is lower). Still even for this there are
exceptions: on shared nodes they are on the same level (e.g. beginning of
bridge).

cheers,
Martin