[Tagging] Surge tank

François Lacombe francois.lacombe at telecom-bretagne.eu
Fri Apr 19 16:55:48 UTC 2013

Hi again.

Le vendredi 19 avril 2013, Pieren a écrit :

> I would not create a special page for this but just enhance the current
> wiki about man_made=pipeline (in type=water section).

If I introduce a new tag, a new tag descriptive page is mandatory.

If a page explain what is a pipeline system, of course I would improve it
without create a dedicated page about surge tanks.
But it doesn't seem to exist: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Pipeline

Furthermore, such a tank should connect a drain (water supply without
pressure) - waterway=drain - to a pipeline (where water could be
pressurised) - man_made=pipeline.
In France EDF brings water to its plants firstly by surface or underground
drains, which often are not visitables because of large amount of water
running from bottom to ceiling of tunnels. Then a surge tank protects these
drains for excessive pressure they can't even bare. Finally, water
strongly fall
down to valves + turbines through a shielded shaft, several pipes prevent
visitors to be flooded and they may walk safely beside.

It would be good to explain that on wiki indeed.

Cheers.

--
*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com