[Tagging] one way part of the year

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 1 17:07:08 UTC 2013

On 01.08.2013 18:32, William Rieck wrote:

Hey doug

> A route relation would work, in which you could specify the direction.

A relation is usually used for each signed route but not just for the piste.

> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM, doug brown <dougcb68 at hotmail.com
> <mailto:dougcb68 at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I do not understand the notation that has been used in these
>     replies.  for example, piste:type=nordic contains three elements,
>     and tags have only two elements: key and value.   I would appreciate
>     some carification on this notation.
>
>     Also, to further clarify my question, I am tagging the park trails,
>     all of which are multiple use, as follows (key, value):
>     (highway, path)
>     (horse, yes)
>     (bicycle, no)
>     (snowmobile, designated)
>     (ski, crosscountry)
>     (sac_scale, hiking)
>     (surface, dirt)
>     (trail_visibility, excellent)
>     (width, 1.5)

Nice, I am not sure:
1. if horse=yes is needed but it is not wrong
2. snowmobile=designated seems to be a heavy right of access, are you
sure that it should not simply be "yes" ?
3. surface values are really tricky, I never really understood the
differences between dirt,ground and earth but that is worth a different
thread.

>     This tagging scheme was developed from the responses I received from
>     previous questions to this forum.  Now I need to factor one trail
>     that is oneway only for cross country skiing.  I don't understand
>     how the piste fits is.

Pistes have their own key prefix "piste:". Have a look at the proposal
[1] where also some more tags for piste features/attributes are listed.

There you will find piste:oneway=yes/no which is useful for the way and
any route relation with route=ski/piste.

Cheers
fly

----

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Piste_Maps#Type