[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Substation Refinement

Ole Nielsen on-osm at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 1 17:52:42 UTC 2013

The proposal is more or less ready. No recent comments to the proposal.
However, we are in the middle of the holiday season and I don't think it
would be a good idea to call for a vote before late August or so.

On 01/08/2013 01:31, François Lacombe wrote:
> Hi,
> It seems there hasn't been so many activity on substation refinement
> proposal for weeks.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Substation_refinement
> How about launching vote, at least on power=station deprecation for
> substations and inside stations stuff ?
> I've used the new model to map sevral big and small French substations
> and I didn't find any big issues.
> How about the hosted features on poles / towers discussion ?
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Substation_refinement#Transformer_type

I have applied the scheme to many substations in Denmark and the
Netherlands (however for the moment keeping power=sub_station). Those
two countries are now mostly free of any "power=station" tags.

Ole