[Tagging] historic=vicarage

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 09:14:48 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 6:07 AM, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm currently mapping the protected monuments in Belgium. One of the
> buildings you encounter are vicarages. I looked at taginfo, but couldn't
> find an appropriate tag.
> or presbytery ?
> It's for roman-catholic pastors in case that matters.

In British English, I think that would usually be "presbytery" (for Roman
Catholic).  For Anglican (Church of England etc) it's "rectory" if the
occupant historically received tithes, and "vicarage" if the tithes went to
someone other than the priest.  "Parsonage" isn't really in current use.

__John