[Tagging] Tagging of topographic areas with a name

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 15:02:13 UTC 2013

2013/8/7 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>

> If you look closely onto this you'll see that there are not only the
> oceans but a whole hierarchy of  names seas and oceans and parts of them,
> so there is not only one name per coastline but a lot of them. Dependent on
> the scale of your map you'll emphasize different ones and omit others.

+1

That's why I chose ocean, because I'm sure there's only one on each
coastline. There can be more than one bay or sea, like the Mediterranean
and the Adriatic sea. Relations are not possible, there's too much ways, so
the only thing I can think of are tags like
"sea_level_1:name:en=Mediterranean sea", "sea_level_2:name:en=Adriatic sea".

Janko