[Tagging] Tagging of topographic areas with a name

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Thu Aug 8 06:56:20 UTC 2013

On 08.08.2013 01:24, Pieren wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM, Friedrich Volkmann<bsd at volki.at>  wrote:
>> It should rather be a type=collection relation.
>
> I really hate "type=collection". One of the worst idea in OSM. All
> relations are collections.

At least it is semantically correct, while type=site relations are often
used for features on multiple sites.

You can think of type=collection as an abbreviation of
type=bare_and_general_collection. All other relations have special members
(e.g. inner/outer in multipolygons) or at least special meanings (type=route).

type=cluster has also been suggested. I would be ok with it, but it would
require a proposal to make it more popular.