[Tagging] Hiking tracks as POIs in Brazil

Dudley Ibbett dudleyibbett at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 18:06:33 UTC 2013

Hi

In the UK we tend not to have "trailheads".  We do however have a variety of guideposts.

The following link provides an example which may be of help in this discussion:

http://www.peakandnorthern.org.uk/signposts/about-our-signposts.htm

This is tagged with the following:

information=guidepost
operator=Peak & Northern Footpaths Society
ref=1234
source=survey;gps
tourism=information

These would generally be mapped as a separate node.

Where the start of a footpath is identified but the route not mapped it has been common practice to mark the start of the way and put in a fixme.  This is certainly very helpful when seeking to find footpaths that need mapping.

Regards

Dudley