[Tagging] incline default unit ?

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 12 06:52:52 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 05:52:12PM -0500, John F. Eldredge wrote:

> > Not to get too technical, but I believe that a 45 degree angle is
> > equivalent to a 100% grade [1]

I suppose that I am being pedantic, but slope is surely a ratio. Or you can
define the same thing via an angle \theta. Slope = tan(\theta).
Maybe there should be two subtags, "slope" and "angle". Both are, of
course, dimensionless.

But if % appears, that immediately implies a slope rather than an angle,
so slope = n% seems unambiguous. Of course, 200% is valid if unusual,
not to say precipitous, but might seem odd at a quick glance.

ael