[Tagging] incline default unit ?

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Mon Aug 12 10:49:45 UTC 2013

On 11.08.2013 20:38, fly wrote:
> In the wiki [1] it is written that the default unit for "incline=*" is
> "%". Still I find almost non values without a unit with taginfo [2].

Well, it was perfectly clear that you should include the % ...

"The value (given with the percentage-sign) is [...] Where a
degree-value is common, one can use e.g. incline=10° instead of
incline=10%."

... until a wiki user "heavily copyedited this section for clarity":

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key%3Aincline&diff=767424&oldid=767419

I think we should go back to asking for an explicit unit (% or °).