[Tagging] office=kjuilmn ?

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 12:28:57 UTC 2013

During my updates of some wiki translations, I discovered the map
featured tag "office=it". When you asked yourself what means my
message title "office=kjuilmn", then you feel like an average
contributor reading "office=it" for the first time.

Here is our wiki about "it":
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:office%3Dit

Here is the wikipedia article about "it":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It

means we should really avoid abbreviations in main tags (sub-tags can
be discussed).
That's why I would like to change the wiki to e.g.
"office=information_technology" and check (on talk list) if it can be
changed in the database as well for the 852 instances (from ~440
contributors).
Your opinion ?

Pieren