[Tagging] Power poles & tower : power vs man_made

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Tue Aug 13 23:40:13 UTC 2013

Chris Hill <osm at raggedred.net> writes:

> I would prefer that you didn't pretend we will deprecate a tag so
> widely used just so a small proportion of them can have another power
> tag on it when we can easily just add transformer=yes or something
> similar.

I also think we shouldn't deprecate a tag in very widespread use.
So one can either use "power=pole;transformer", or use two nodes,
because after all the transformer's center of mass is almost certainly
not the center of the pole.

Sooner or later, data consuming programs will have to cope with
;-separated tags.  Perhaps there will be libraries to do this.