[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - (man_made=silo)

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Tue Aug 20 16:18:09 UTC 2013

I'm mostly saying that since there is a proposal process, it is better to
discuss this as a proposal, rather than jump straight to publishing.

----------------------
Is man_made=silo any different in this respect from other features? Current
practice does not insist that areas be drawn around prominent named
buildings, communication towers, or bridges, even though those facilities
exist on a larger parcel of land.

If all I can see is there's a large silo with a name on it, that's what I
can confidently map.  In the American west silos are often the most
prominent landmark, and they are often known by name.

Of course anyone is welcome to come along and map in more detail, locating
the facility fence lines, finding the website... and then tagging the whole
facility makes more sense.