[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - (amenity=ranger_station) - Vote Early Vote Often

Tod Fitch Tod at FitchDesign.com
Tue Aug 20 21:16:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, August 20, 2013 11:41 am, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> I have marked for voting:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:amenity%3Dranger_station
> Alert: that the proposal includes semi-mechanically re-tagging,
> particularly of the imported USA National Park Service data.
>
> Consensus discussion seemed to be:
> # A Ranger Station is sufficiently distinct to merit a tag.
> # The tag police_station does not correctly describe a Ranger Station.
> # While tag amenity is overcrowded, ranger_station belongs in the same tag
> space as fire_station, poilce_station, etc.
>
> While the number of ranger_station tags is and will be low: this would be
> good one to get rendered relatively quickly, in support
> of the NPS open source mapping at the very least.  However, attracting the
> interest of rendering maintainers has not proven easy in the past...

I've noted my approval by using this tagging on some USFS ranger stations. :)

However I thought I'd formally vote but I don't see a voting area on that
Wiki page and I've not voted before so I'm a bit unsure how that is
supposed to work.

Should there be a voting section at the bottom of the page? Seems like
some other proposed pages have that. . .

Once that is added, is the procedure any more involved that just editing
the Wiki page to add a line indicating one's opinion?

-Tod