[Tagging] road side

André Pirard A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 00:56:36 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-21 17:50, fly wrote :
> Am 21.08.2013 15:13, schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:
>> Il giorno 21/ago/2013, alle ore 13:35, fly
>> <lowflight66 at googlemail.com> ha scritto:
>>> Pleas, do not start to tag these small areas as
>>> closedways/multipolygon.
>> reasoning?
> It is clustering the map, hard to split and all editors I know do
> better work with lines than with areas and I am not taking about
> several overlapping lines which is another point. The more essential
> problem is the visualization of lanes, width and the :lanes extension
It's not a matter of making areas.  They just are there.
Are you saying that we should make buildings or properties larger than
they are to avoid the space in between?
Are you saying that we should not describe what's in between to avoid
adding one or two lines to close the area?
Are parkings going to be removed?  Or put on a line because editors
prefer lines?

Strangely enough, the last time I was here, I was almost unanimously
advised to use an area instead of a line for a dam.
And, likely, if you want to avoid splitting, use such small areas for
bridges and the roads will run uninterrupted through it.
That's not the good way to do it, though, look at my SEGMENT
proposition.  It would avoid unnecessary relations too.
I have no personal taste about splitting, I just notice that it's THE
perfect nuisance.

Cheers,

André.