[Tagging] telephone lines (and marking other things we don't map)

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 13:16:31 UTC 2013

I recently found that a way I'd marked as a minor power line (from
Bing) is actually a telephone line (from survey), which we seem to
have a convention of not mapping.  Should I just delete it, or tag it
just so that no-one else seeing it on Bing will map it as a power line
in the future?

More generally, should we tag things that we don't normally map, that
on aerials can be confused for things that we do map, to avoid
spurious mapping by others?

(In this case, I should have been able to recognize it as a phone
line, by the layout of the area.)

__John