[Tagging] Micro mapping traffic signals

Vincent de Château-Thierry vdct at laposte.net
Tue Aug 27 22:00:52 UTC 2013

Le 27/08/2013 23:35, Pieren a écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Vincent de Château-Thierry
> <vdct at laposte.net> wrote:
>
>> This only deals with single traffic light mapping and will not solve the low
>> scale rendering issues (how to put a single icon for multiple traffic
>> lights) and the routing through multiple synchronised traffic lights.
>

> It's not similar to the turn restriction relation. We don't need roles
> like "from", "to", "via". We just have to represent the controlled
> intersection and its traffic lights. The intersection (one or x nodes
> of the highways junctions) is a member of the relation with a role
> e,g, "intersection" or "junction". The traffic lights individual nodes
> are also member of the relation with a role like "traffic_light".
> A router is only interested to know if the intersection is controlled
> or not; it does not care if it's by one or three traffic lights, or if
> it is by two consecutive synchronized traffic lights.

For routing I don't like the idea of putting all traffic light nodes of
a junction in a single relation. The 'path' (with from / via / to) model
already used for turn restrictions is IMHO a more efficient way for
routing purpose.

For the
> renderer, if the relation contains only one member with role
> "junction", it can put the icon on this node. If we have more than one
> member with this role, it can calculate a centroid of all the
> junctions nodes.

I agree for rendering issues since the relation is only a group
('cluster') of traffic lights.

vincent