[Tagging] telephone lines (and marking other things we don't map)

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Aug 28 02:53:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 5:35 PM, James Mast <rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> But what if the pole has both telephone and power on it? ;)  That's what's
> common here in my neighborhood.  I can look out my front door and see a
> pole with both of them using it.

And of course cable tv and fiber are strung on many utilities poles as
well. Power and communications lines should be separated.

According to wikipedia, a better term is utility pole. Especially when the
pole carries both power and communication lines.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch