[Tagging] Micro mapping traffic signals

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 08:07:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Peter Wendorff
<wendorff at uni-paderborn.de> wrote:

>> First, this can controlled by a QA tool and fixed.
> Fixed?
> What's wrong with that?
> It's a totally valid mapping situation, as long as the idea with
> direction on nodes is (as it is yet) not the common tagging proposed,
> e.g. because there are many errors that may occur out of this idea.

I misunderstood your case. I think in editors like josm, when you
change the direction of the way, you are prompted for the tags which
could be changed. I guess the same could be done for the child nodes.
The mapper would have to decide which node/tag is affected or not
(including first/last nodes). But I agree. It's an additional level of
complication and the way may contain x child nodes with such tags.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:26 AM, James Mast <rickmastfan67 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Not completely true.  There are some places that would need the "from",

Thanks for pointing this example. But I cannot use it against the
"traffic_signals:direction" new tag because in such cases, the tag on
node is easier to use than creating a relation ;-)
In such case, a "from"& "to" roles can help but the "via" is already
in the "junction" role. I would not repeat it. This would also require
that the "from" and "to" ways are different.

Thank you all for your contributions.

Pieren