[Tagging] preproposal : internet webcam

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Sun Dec 1 21:39:07 UTC 2013

On 12/01/2013 03:33 PM, Peter Wendorff wrote:
> I think, contact should be restricted to ways of getting in contact to
> someone, and IMHO seeing images of a webcam is not getting in contact
> to the webcam or "someone" else. regards Peter
I agree.  "Contact" usually refers to a way to reach a person; the
intuitive meaning of "contact" in reference to a webcam would be "this
is how to contact someone if you have questions about the webcam", not
"this is a way to see what the webcam is currently viewing".

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.