[Tagging] How to tag babycare?

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Mon Dec 2 20:38:43 UTC 2013

Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use ramp=yes on highway=steps so you can route for strollers, but I
> there is not support in renderers or router for that.. :-)
>
> All those other tags are pretty universally available in Sweden, but I
> guess it's a good thing to map in those large amusements parks/malls.
>
> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Satoshi IIDA <nyampire at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I'm a bit wondering how to tag following babycare amenities.
> > Possibly those are additional feature for childcare 2.0 schema, but
> usable
> > with other POIs.
> > (e.g. w/ amenity=cafe, toilet, or so.)
> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/childcare2.0
> >
> > * where to replace baby's diaper.
> > ** according to Taginfo, "diaper=[yes|no|room]" ?
> >
> > * where to access with stroller/pushchair
> > ** according to Taginfo, "stroller=[yes|no|limited]"?
> > ** very similar schema as "wheelchair=*".
> >
> > * where to feed milk to baby.
> > ** Maybe "feed=*" or "feeding=*"?
> > *** According to Taginfo, those tags are to feed domestic animals.
> > ** Maybe "nursery=*"?
> > *** But this definition is conflict with childcare 2.0 definition.
> > ** possible values are [yes|no]. or others?
> >
> > cheers.
> >

> > --
> > Satoshi IIDA
> > mail: nyampire at gmail.com
> > twitter: @nyampire

> --
> /emj

In the USA, an increasing number of restrooms in public and commercial buildings have baby-changing tables, usually a wall-mounted, fold-down shelf, with a safety strap to make sure a wiggly baby doesn't fall off.  Not all men's rooms have such tables (I don't know how prevalent they are in women's restrooms), so it would be useful to be able to tag the tables when they are present.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.