[Tagging] Propose the tag shop=military_surplus

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 13:25:12 UTC 2013

2013/12/6 Axelos <gnulos at laposte.net>:
> Hello
>
> Le 05/12/2013 12:16, SomeoneElse a écrit :
>
>> Axelos wrote:
>>>

>>> I proposed the tag shop=military_surplus for the shops selling used
>>> military equipment.
>>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Military_surplus
>>

>> If you think that it makes sense to tag a particular shop that way just go
>> ahead and use it.  You can use any tags you like.  Taginfo can see 9 others
>> so far:
>>
>> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=military+surplus#values
>>
>> You can also have a look in taginfo for other possible "shop values" that
>> might apply - it could be that one of those is used by people instead of
>> "military_surplus".
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Andy
>
> The wiki is not intended to suggest tags to make homogeneous the database ?

Yes, but proposing/voting is not really important for simple cases
like this - you want to tag shop=military_surplus, you should go ahead
- there's no need to make big formalities of it, people use all sorts
of shop=* tags. If you want to make a wiki page for that tag, please
do make a wiki page, but don't feel you need to add rfc/voting/etc to
it. I'd suggest you remove the "{{Proposal_Page}}" template, and carry
on mapping :)

Dan