[Tagging] Security Gate Post/Cabin

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Sun Dec 8 16:51:53 UTC 2013

It has been a while since I worked in a facility with such a building. But I recall it being called a "guard shack" or "guard house". Taginfo has only one guard_shack (and one guard_booth) but does have 100 guardhouse entries. The few building=guardhouse entries that I looked at via bing imagery do seem to be the type of facility being discussed.

And the "modern usage" section on Wikipedia seems to fit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardhouse

-Tod