[Tagging] OpenSeaMap tagging - seamark-prefix was Re: [Imports] IENC of the German WSV

Malcolm Herring malcolm.herring at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 11 10:56:16 UTC 2013

We (OpenSeaMap) are open to suggestions on this. The harbour project has
recently been re-started after a hiatus of several years. As we are
building a separate database to contain imports from various public
harbour data sources. These harbour objects only require a simple
"seamark:type=harbour" tag to cause our map to render an icon and pop-up
data from this database with a mouse hover. The question is: how do OSM
mappers contribute to this data? Hence the facility availability tags.
(These tags have existed for years, but were rarely used).

I would be interested to hear (constructive!) ideas.